Crazy for coconut oil!!





Via Google

So I think I just might have found my next holy grail product. Yes it's coconut oil. It seems like this can be used for just about anything. I originally decided to get this for my hair as a conditioner because I heard it does amazing things for damaged hair or even just to help regrowth. Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.”Its unique combination of fatty acids can have profound positive effects on health.This includes fat loss, better brain function and various other amazing benefits.


So naturally before I wen tout and bought this  decided to do some research on just what this oil would do for my hair and I was not disappointed by what I found out. This oil has so many uses not just for vanity reason I guess you could say but for your health as well.


I'll go ahead and list some of the ways that coconut oil can be used.
  • Hair Mask-You can apply it all over your hair, put on a shower cap and leave it overnight or just a couple of hours.
  • body oil/face moisturizer- Use it as a lotion applying it all over your body and face. Makes your skin nice and soft plus you'll smell good :)
  • Lip Balm- Dry lips? No problem dab some of this on those dry lips.
  • Cuticle softer- Apply to your cuticles and dry hands as well.
  • Under eye cream- Yup apply some of this oil under your eyes, it helps wit dark circles as well.
  • Make-up Remover- this was another big one for me. Use it as a make-up remover. Simply put on your face directly or on a cloth and take your make-up off.
  • Anti-frizz- Use a small amount on your hair either dry or damp to avoid getting frizz.
  • Body scrub- DIY: Mix coconut oil with some sugar and ta-da!
  • Shaving cream- Simply apply it to area being shaved and well shave lol
  • Ingredient- You can substitute it in your cooking for other oils. It can also be eaten straight out of the jar. You can add it to smoothies, Shakes, Coffee, teas, you name it.
  • Tanning oil- self explanatory
  • Hair regrowth-Apply and massage oil to bald or hair thinning spot leave on overnight or for about an hour.
  • Highlighter- Apply a thin layer on cheeks over make-up
  • Wound care- helps heal and avoid infections.
  • Dogs-Even your pets can benefit, apply to their paws if they're extra dry or cracked. As always be careful.
  • anything and everything- These are just some of the most common but there are hundreds more things it can be used for. Would take me forever to mention them all.
What kind should I buy?
  • Organic
  • Extra virgin
  • Cold pressed
  • Non-hydrogenated
Brand to look for:
  • Nutiva Coconut Oil
  • Natures Way Coconut Oil
  • Now Foods Coconut Oil
Have you used coconut oil before? If so let me know what you use it for or if you decided to give it a try and some of the new ways you use it for.


XOXO
Yes


Leave a Comment

Post a Comment